It has been brought to the attention of the Parish Council that the number of vases and ornaments being placed around memorial stones is making it difficult for visitors to walk freely between the memorials to lay flowers. The number of vases and ornaments is also making the task of strimming and cutting the grass, to maintain the area to a satisfactory standard, difficult and dangerous.
Please be advised that due to the limited walking space between the memorial stones in the cremated remains section only 2 additional flower holders per memorial stone is allowed subject to the following conditions.
- The holders must be placed either side of the memorial stone so as not to impede access between the stones and grass cutting.
- The holder must NOT be made of glass, pottery, or any other fragile material.
- Other than those built into the memorial stone, holders must not be affixed to the stone.
- Holders are placed at owners’ risk and the Council will not be liable in the event of its loss or damage however caused.
- Any flower holder not complying with the Council’s conditions will be removed.